Cleaning Up Code

As I was about to work on one of the items for the sprint I realized it'd be a LOT easier if I cleaned up my code first. I've been meaning to do this and it really should have gone in as a sprint backlog item, so I added an unplanned item to the sprint. Basically I ended up with a ton of unused database-related methods, since I rewrote large portions of the data access layer. I didn't remove things as I went along just in case something somewhere needed them; I didn't want to break anything as I went along. But at this point I need to get rid of those methods and clean things up!

Being an Eclipse user, I wondered if there were a plug-in to help with this task. So I discovered UCDetector. This thing is great for cleaning up small projects like mine. I just had to tell it to detect, and presto! I had a list of methods that weren't being used. It also had some recommendations on classes/methods/etc. that could be made less public. Very cool.

Anyway I thought this was all very impressive and felt I should share. I do <3 Eclipse.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Git. The WHAT and WHY Edition.

"Does it get easier?" Yes, but Also No...

How to Land Your First Dev Job: Develop Yourself, Market Yourself