I'm Not Dead Yet

So for unknown reasons I more or less stopped posting in this blog 2 years ago. Obviously. I'm not actually sure why... I failed to document several pottery sessions, which is a shame.  I kept meaning to start posting again as I took pottery this summer, but then kept getting busy and forgetting. But I figure now's as good a time as ever. I will attempt to document what I did this session and then hopefully I'll keep it up moving into the next session.

The format for the pottery classes has changed slightly, in that now we actually get a personal stock of clay with our supply fee, and then if we use more we can purchase more. I, being a perfectionist, always end up with not many projects because I spend loads of time on each. So I used only about half of the 25 lbs of clay we were allotted. I have a decent amount of 1/2 and 1/2 left, plus a small amount of red raku clay and 10 (or was it 5?) lbs of porcelain. The latter I didn't touch at all. Oops. My goal before the next session is going to be to try and actually use up as much of that as I can at home, although as it starts in September, we'll see how far I get!

Anyhow, I shall document the projects I did in individual posts divided up by firing method. I had 2 pieces made from red raku clay that were raku fired, a saggar-fired piece made from saggar clay, and 4 high-fired pieces (cone 10), 3 from 1/2 and 1/2 and 1 from stoney white clay. So. There you go.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Git. The WHAT and WHY Edition.

"Does it get easier?" Yes, but Also No...

How to Land Your First Dev Job: Develop Yourself, Market Yourself