Time Waits for No Potter

As usual, I didn't get nearly as much done as I had hoped during Saturday's class. To start, I did get the raku box finished off.

I got it paddled, cut, and reinforced before class, so I just worked on the knob on top on Saturday. I had put a knob on there at home, but found it was on the small side for the weight of the box, so I embiggened and decorated it.

Next, I transferred the design for the slip trailing onto my leather hard plate. It's another dinosaur, of course.

Unfortunately the slip was still too thin, so I didn't get the actual slip trailing done. So I wrapped the piece well and hope to do that tonight.

Finally, I made my saggar piece out of cone 5 clay (b-mix, I think). I had completely forgotten about the whole saggar thing, but we're doing the saggar firing tonight, so it had to be finished on Saturday. I made this pseudo flower thing after first attempting to wrap the clay around a balloon; that didn't work out because the clay was too hard. I did a bunch of wedging and added water and then had this slab and just became inspired...
The piece was still pretty wet at the end, so luckily I was able to convince a friend in the afternoon class to coat it in terra sigillata and burnish it for me, after it dried a bit. So this is all done and ready to be saggar fired tonight. I'm hoping it'll fit on my desk as a nice decoration.

So that was all I accomplished in class on Saturday. I did, luckily, have some time to work on my raku toadstool, so I should be able to finish that up tonight. Then I'll also hopefully finish the slip trailing dinosaur plate, and finally I hope to get the cone 10 plates made and slabs rolled out for the dragon egg and possibly the large dinosaur for my garden (though I'm less sure about that one now; I just don't know if I'll have time for it this session). At any rate I'll have no shortage of projects to keep me busy.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Git. The WHAT and WHY Edition.

"Does it get easier?" Yes, but Also No...

How to Land Your First Dev Job: Develop Yourself, Market Yourself