And So It Begins!

So I figured I'd begin with listing all the items I've got figured out so far. This will be the product backlog. Some of these items will definitely need breaking down, such as the individual swatches, and probably even the project ('cause it'll take a bit), but this is just the first go at the backlog anyway. I'm listing priorities and rough estimations of time, too.

PriorityDescriptionPoints
1000Post on Ravelry asking about discrepancies with swatches/question numbers.5
950Finish reformatting instructions1
900Wind all yarn for project, swatches, and test swatches.5
850Find all books3
800Catalog books in Ravelry and also in a file in the format for the paper2
750Test knit "slingshot" long tail cast-on1
700Test bind off techniques to eliminate having a big stitch below last bound off stitch1
650Test knit a stockinette swatch to find gauge1
600Block test swatch.5
550Measure test swatch.5
500Type up cover letter.5
450Print off cover letter and nice version of instructions and put in binder.5
425Research for paper10
400Write paper3
375Research for swatches5
350Knit swatches10
300Block swatches5
250Answer questions4
225Research for project4
200Knit project10
150Compile resources3
100Have husband edit paper, questions, and resources3
50Print papers and assemble binder10

There are a couple things I already did, namely researching techniques on eliminating the loose last bound off stitch (so now I just need to try a few and see what works best), and knitting some test swatches to see if the way I cast on (a variant of the long tail cast-on, sometimes called "thumb cast-on") looks the same as the official "slingshot" long tail cast-on. My cast-on at least has bumpy and smooth edges on the correct sides; some of the questions in Level I relate to that so that's good. I'm 99% sure my cast-on comes out the same, but I still want to try the official cast-on once just to make sure, hence that item in the product backlog.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Git. The WHAT and WHY Edition.

"Does it get easier?" Yes, but Also No...

How to Land Your First Dev Job: Develop Yourself, Market Yourself