Level 1 Sprint 1 Planning

I figure I may as well start sprinting, as it were, since I've been slowly doing stuff anyway, and this will help me be more organized about it. From my initial backlog I finished two items:
  • Post on Ravelry asking about discrepancies with swatches/question numbers
  • Finish reformatting instructions
It turns out that I discovered a slight error in the instructions (for 3 swatches the wrong questions were listed) during my reformatting of the instructions. So now I can proceed knowing that I have the correct questions figured out for each swatch.

Anyhow those two items are no longer in the product backlog, so I'll proceed with the next-highest priority items. The sprint goal is to finish gathering materials and finish prepping so that I'm ready to start knitting swatches. I think, since this is supposed to be fun and not work, that I shall not have an actual sprint length. It'll just be done when the items are done. The sprint backlog items are:

PriorityDescriptionPoints
900Wind all yarn for project, swatches, and test swatches.5
850Find all books3
800Catalog books in Ravelry and also in a file in the format for the paper2
750Test knit "slingshot" long tail cast-on1
700Test bind off techniques to eliminate having a big stitch below last bound off stitch1
650Test knit a stockinette swatch to find gauge1
600Block test swatch.5
550Measure test swatch.5
500Type up cover letter.5
450Print off cover letter and nice version of instructions and put in binder.5

Which is a total of ten hours. It depends how motivated I'm feeling as to how quickly this will get done. Plus I'm working on other projects (a hat for my dad and a pair of socks) and then there's the fishing that will hopefully happen this weekend, and lots of reading to be done (I still haven't finished rereading the first book in The Lord of the Rings!), so who knows. It's lovely not feeling rushed about this. :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Git. The WHAT and WHY Edition.

"Does it get easier?" Yes, but Also No...

How to Land Your First Dev Job: Develop Yourself, Market Yourself