Sprint 3 Planning

The goal for sprint 3 will be to make the project usable for my adviser and start making it more user friendly and start making the code more correct.

There are several small tweaks I need to do so that everything will work correctly for my prof, so I need to do that, plus the FindBugs item from the last sprint. Code correctness and user-friendliness are very long-term goals, but this will be their beginning.

The sprint backlog items are:

PriorityDescriptionPoints
300Run automated tools e.g. FindBugs to ensure code is correct and clean6
253Write a shell script or similar to start the database server and tomcat3
252Fix the build.xml to only copy the correct jars to the web app's lib directory2
251Restrict the login page to only allow access via SSL2
250Fix the email notification system so that it works with the CS department email settings4
200Move properties out of the session so that users can do things like have multiple browser windows open and bookmark pages12

This is again 29 ideal man hour sorta things. Hopefully this time I can accomplish this much. The last item may turn out to be huge, but I won't know until I research and decide exactly what I'm going to do and how I'm going to do it.

So that's the plan!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Git. The WHAT and WHY Edition.

"Does it get easier?" Yes, but Also No...

How to Land Your First Dev Job: Develop Yourself, Market Yourself