Sprint 9 Planning

Finally, on to sprint planning. I'm going to be meeting with my advisor on both remaining Mondays, so I'm going to plan these last few sprints for a week(ish) each, instead of 2 weeks. This also suits the crunched timetable. I couldn't plan last weekend as I needed to know what my advisor thought my priorities should be, and then I had a couple busy weeknights, so here this finally is.

There are some development tasks that need doing before The End, but there are a whole lot of non-development tasks, too, and one of those is the most immediate concern. I need to get my paper for my project done by next week. I've gone through 2 drafts, so it's in pretty good shape. I need to add a few sections (screenshots, review, future work, that kind of thing), plus add citations and sources for all the research I've done and tools I've used. I'd also like to add a figure illustrating the security features I've added, and another showing the database schema, plus maybe a few others. I also need to finally finish the UI book I've been reading, so I can write about that. So this is the focus of the current sprint. 

By way of longer term planning, after that I need to finish the last few development tasks, put together a slide-show for my project presentation, and study for the oral exam I shall have to endure.


Anyhow, here are the sprint backlog items:
PriorityDescriptionPoints
700Add citations for all research done and tools used.2
690Reformat with proper section headings.1
680Add section on rewriting data-access layer if not sufficiently covered and application layer.1
670Add something about UCDetector..5
660Describe work-flow for typical user tasks. (Examples and Screen Shots section)1.5
650Finish Quality Analysis section. 2
640Write Conclusions section.1
630Take screenshots of different parts of app.1
620Create image of database schema diagram.2
610Create image of security layers.1
600Finish reading UI book.3
590Write UI section.1

All this comes in at 17 hours, which is actually not too bad. At this point I pretty much figure my weekends are going to be entirely consumed with the project, so with luck I may even be able to get some other stuff done, too. That would be superb.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Git. The WHAT and WHY Edition.

"Does it get easier?" Yes, but Also No...

How to Land Your First Dev Job: Develop Yourself, Market Yourself