Sprint 9 Retrospective

Yesterday I finished my paper and got it sent in, so I’m calling yesterday the end of the sprint. It mostly went well, although some things (like adding all 64 references, and having my paper tech-edited) took much longer than I thought they would. I also pretty much gave up on putting in a user interface section, as even though I finished the book I don’t have time to actually do much to improve the UI. There are a few things suggested by my prof that I’ll do, and that’s about it. So I’m just leaving that section as a thing to do under future work.

Anyway, the backlog items that got completed were Add citations for all research done and tools used (4 hours), Reformat with proper section headings (4 hours, though this one was done by my husband/tech-editor), Add section on rewriting data-access layer if not sufficiently covered and application layer (45 minutes), Add something about UCDetector (15 minutes), Describe work-flow for typical user tasks. (Examples and Screen Shots section) (30 minutes), Finish Quality Analysis section (1 hour), Write Conclusions section (1.5 hours), Take screenshots of different parts of app (2 hours), Create image of database schema diagram (1.5 hours), Create image of security layers (1 hour), and an unplanned item, Add more info on what FindBugs, Checkstyle, and PMD are and are supposed to do, which took 30 minutes.

So this sprint was more or less successful, although it went a bit over. The paper's turned in and over, so now it's on to bug fixing, the presentation, and studying for the oral exam.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Git. The WHAT and WHY Edition.

"Does it get easier?" Yes, but Also No...

How to Land Your First Dev Job: Develop Yourself, Market Yourself